Monday, May 14, 2012

A First Quarter Inventory of New Items Purchased

When I mailed in my 1040-ES a couple of weeks ago, it got me thinking about the first quarter of my year of nothing new, and how it really has changed the way I think about things. I am no longer interested in going to the mall, or scouring the ads to find out what is on sale. Now I have to actually plan a special trip to Target every once in a while instead of counting on a weekly visit.

But these last few months have not been without new material items, as you know.

New items* I have purchased as of the closing of Q1 2012 are:
  • 5 pairs of tights
  • Seam gauge
  • Pin cushion and pins
  • Pattern transfer wheel
  • Dress pattern
  • Earrings
  • Strapless bra
  • Assets
It all fits in one photo

That's it! Seriously.

Compare that with an abbreviated list of the used items I have acquired since the new year:
  • Kenmore sewing machine, with 1 yr. warranty
  • Revere Ware copper bottom skillet
  • 4 books
  • Leather boots
  • Vintage cashmere cardigan
  • 3 pairs of jeans
  • 2 skirts
  • Several shirts...
...and all for a fraction of the price they would have cost new!
So far I don't feel like I've really missed out on anything, but we'll see how quarters 2-4 go!

How are your resolutions going?

*Material items only; does not include expendable supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment